1)Visa fees: As applicable
2) Accommodation: I spent about €425 on accommodation for 16 days. I spent 6 nights in a hostel in Athens. In every other place, I had a private room.
3) Food: A meal at a restaurant will typically cost you about €10 however it can go up to €15 Euros. You can but breakfast and eat it on the go for about €2.
List of groceries I bought at the farmer’s market in Kalamata:
1) Fruita and veggies: €3.50
2) Olives: €1.00
3) Bread: 80 cents
4) Cheese and yogurt: €6.10
5) Rice: 30 cents
6) Eggs: €1.30
7) Honey: €4
They lasted me 2 days for all 3 meals and I was still left with some.
Transportation in Athens:
Local metro/bus in Athens: €1.40
Athens airport destination by shuttle train/metro= €10
Athens airport transport by bus= €6( first bus runs after 7:00AM)
Cab from Syntagma to Airport~€15
Transportation in Kalamata:Local bus, Kalamata: €1.30
Transportation in Santorini:Local bus in Santorini:€ 1.8-€2.0
Athens to Delphi(includes return ticket)= €32.80
Athens to Nafplios= €14.40
Nafplios toTripoli to Olympia = €7.70 + €13.50
Olympia to Pyrgos to Kalamata= €2.30 + €14.20
Kalamata to Kardamili(includes return ticket)= €8
coming up shortly
Flights: I booked flights through skyscanner which has a number of low fare airlines to choose from. If you book beforehand, you can get flights for as cheap as €20.
Tip: The price for a cabin baggage is sometimes equivalent to the ticket. Taking just a carry on would help you greatly in reducing air fares.
Always read the terms and conditions. Some airlines specifically ask you for print out. If you are unable to produce a print out, you will be charged €25 for printing.
Conducted tours: I took two conducted tours. The tour to Hydra, Poros and Aegena cost me €88, lunch was included and the tour in Santorini cost me €32.
Admission ticket to sites:
– valid for 1 day
– Half price during winters
– Includes seven sites including Acropolis, Hadrian’s library and Roman Agora
– valid for 5 consecutive days
– No winter discount
3) National museum of Athens: €10
8) Ticket to fortress in Kardamili: €2
9)Ticket to Minoan site in Santorini: €12
– Some sites are free on some days. Look it up before you go.